Estimated Arrival: Between
*ETA to USA Only
Fast Free Shipping. Free Shipping to lower 48 States. See our a Shipping and Returns Policy.
Have a Question? Give us a call at 509-730-5520 or send us an e-mail at info@ToiletOasis.com.
- The TinyJohn is a revolutionary incinerating toilet from EcoJohn. It is a compact, relatively light toilet, that doesn't use any water. Propane or natural gas are used to safely combust waste into a sterile ash. The incinerator toilet is opening doors for ecological and economical waste management for off-grid, mobile RVs, cabins, boats, guest houses, additions, and tiny house living where logistics of having a traditional toilet are difficult or impossible. The TinyJohn lets you "go" anywhere.
- The TinyJohn uses paper bowl liners to keep the bowl clean for each flush. The TinyJohn comes with 100 free liners. Additional Liners can be purchased here.
- Three different Vent pipe configurations are common. Additional information on the vent pipes and purchase information can be found here.
- ✔No Septic Tank, No Drainfield. Self-Contained and completely off-grid
- ✔Uses Propane or Natural Gas. One 5 gallon Propane Tank Will Be Enough Fuel For Approximately 150 Flushes
- ✔No Composting or Chemical Material
- ✔Built in Catalytic Converter and Exhaust Fan
- ✔Up to 40 Flushes Per Day
- ✔Exhaust Fan Can Be Powered With 12V DC Power or 120V/240V AC Power
- ✔Manufactured in the USA in good 'ol Arkansas
- ✔Free Shipping
- ✔We Guarantee We Have the Lowest Price. See Our Price Match Guarantee.
- See the Manufacturers Brochure Here.
Fuel Propane Gas (LPG)/Natural Gas Operating Voltage 12V DC, 120V AC, or 240V AC BTU Input 6,700 BTU/hour Temperature Requirements -35 F to 140 F
Material Steel Electrical Load
12V DC: 1.5 Amp/hr
120V AC: 17 Watt/hr
Urine Cycle: 0.09 lbs/cycle
Waste Cycle: 0.19 lbs/cycle
22" High, 14" Wide, 20 5/8" Deep
65 lbs, 72 lbs with packaging
Vent Size 3" Diameter RV and Boat Side Mounting Bracket For Stabilization
Q: How heavy is the TinyJohn?
- A: The TinyJohn is 72 lbs and its easy for 2 people to carry.
- Q: Is it portable? What method should I use to carry it?
A: Absolutely! Two, regular sized people can carry it.
- Q: Is it difficult to hook up? How do I hook it up?
A: Not at all. The first step in the installation process is to install the vent pipe. You have an option to install it through the wall and then up along the wall; or through the wall with a horizontal rain cap; or through the ceiling. See our vent pipe page here.
Once the vent is installed, you then need to connect your propane connections between the TinyJohn terminal and your propane source. A standard, 5 gallon barbecue propane tank will work perfectly. TinyJohn also comes with:
1) 12 volt wires which only needs to be connected to a 12v battery.
2) Extension cords and plugs for hook up to 120/240 ac receptacles.
- * If you are running gas pipe to your ECOJOHN, a standard ⅜” propane connector will work perfectly.
Q: How long does it take to install TinyJohn?
A: If the 2 people method is used, then both people can install a TinyJohn within a couple of hours. The installation can be done by yourself or local handyman/contractor.
Q: Can ECOJOHN go completely off-grid?
- A: Yes! TinyJohn actually only requires a 12v battery source and a small propane tank.
- Q: What type of power does TinyJohn use?
- A: TinyJohn uses both electricity and propane (or natural gas). The electrical power is used for the control panel. Please specify what model you would like (12V DC, 120V AC, or 240V AC).
- Q: What propane connection is required?
- A: A standard ⅜” connector is required.
- Q: Can I run it on gas?
- A: The TinyJohn runs on either Propane or Natural Gas.
- Q: How much gas does it use per month/year?
- A: This all depends on the usage. A standard 5 gallon propane tank last about 150-200 flushes before it need to be refilled.
- Q: What kind of electrical connection is required?
- A: Standard electrical connections are required. A 15 amp breaker is all you need. The TinyJohn only draws 20W at 12VDC, so extremely low electrical load.
- Q: How many amps does it draw?
- A: 1.5 amps during operation. When in standby/idle, the load is almost nothing, just need to power a small LED light.
- Q: Is TinyJohn safe?
- A: Completely! TinyJohn has several internal safety features to ensure you don't get harmed. TinyJohn was designed with temp sensors, safety shut off valves and switches to prevent anything from catching fire, completely sealed unit, and completely insulated and sealed burn chamber. As soon as you open the seat, open the control unit, or even open the ash chamber, TinyJohn instantly shuts down to ensure your safety.
- Q: How long is a burn cycle?
- A: Burn cycle varies depending on a liquid flush. The burn cycle is about 25 minutes for a liquid flush and about 45 min to 1 hour for a waste flush.
- Q: If it’s in a burn cycle, can I use it?
- A: Yes. We made sure you didn't have to wait to do your business. As soon as you open the lid, the burning cycle instantly stops. When you close the lid, the burn cycle will begin again.
- Q: How many people can use it immediately after one another?
- A: 8 people in a row can use it for the liquid flushes and 4 people in a row for the waste flushes.
- Q: Does the vent stack or chimney get hot?
- A: No, the vent pipe can get warm to the touch, but that's all. The exhaust begins at 220 F. It releases at around 150 F from the top of the pipe, but the pipe will not burn you
- Q: How often do I need to empty the ashes?
- A: It depends on usage. If 2 people use it daily, we recommend checking the ashes every 3-4 weeks. We also recommend that every time you change the propane tank, you check the ash chamber as well.
- Q: How do I clean out the ashes?
- A: All you have to do to clean the ashes is open the access panel in front of the TinyJohn, pull out the tray, and dump the neutralized ash into your yard or trash. You can even vaccum the small amount out of the chamber.
- Q: Do I need to clean the bowl of my ECOJOHN?
- A: Yes, you do. The bowl is removable for cleaning to make it easier for you. We provide liners that keep the bowl clean as well. Overall, cleaning your TinyJohn bowl is simple.
- Q: Do I need to change liners with every use?
- A: Yes, the liner will drop into the burn chamber when you flush, and it will be incinerated as well.
- Q: How much does it cost per flush?
- A: It roughly costs around $0.10 per flush at this point.
- Q: What is the cost per month/year?
- A: Approximately $10-20 per month to operate with liners and disposal included.
- Q: Can I use it with no water hook ups?
- A: Of course you can! Tiny John is completely waterless.
- Q: Can I use it in a very cold environment?
- A: Since TinyJohn is waterless, it can operate in a cold temperature. The propane connections work at temperatures as low as -40 C.
- Q: Does it have an emission?
- A: Yes, but the emissions from TinyJohn are extremely low. The emissions are CO and CO2 which are only a few parts per million.
- Q: What is the maintenance?
- A: The maintenance is really simple. It includes cleaning out the ashes, changing propane tanks, and cleaning the bowl if you don’t use a liner. You may need to check your parts around once a year. The maintenance for TinyJohn is extremely minimal.
- Q: Do you have spare parts in stock?
- A: Yes. We carry all of the spare parts you would ever need.
- Q: Who do I contact with technical problems?
- A: Contact us at 509-730-5520, firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact ECOJOHN to talk with their tech support.
- Q: Does it require a pipe or vent?
- A: Yes. Tiny John requires a vent for exhaust. The exhaust has extremely low emissions and the pipe is warm to the touch. You can see more information on the vent types here.
- Q: How should I vent my ECOJOHN? Straight or angled?
- A: You come out through the back of the unit. You can use an elbow and run it up the wall outside, run an elbow straight up the wall inside, or straight out of the wall, perpendicular to the ground. It is also possible to cap the vent horizontally when you come out through the wall. This is a popular way to vent it in RVs or van conversion. You can see more information on the vent types here.
- Q: What is the vent clearance from a wall?
- A: We recommend 2” clearance from the wall.
- Q: How does it work?
- A: 1) Open the seat.
2) Use your liner.
3) Use the restroom.
4) Close the seat.
5)Hit the flush button.
6) Trap door opens, releases waste.
7) Trap door closes.
8) Once #7 is complete, the Burn cycle will begin shortly.
9) The burn cycle will run until finished in different stages.
10) The LED indicator will flash green when finished.
* If there is any problem with the burn cycle, a red LED will flash with a description of the problem and troubleshooting.
11) When the max capacity message is on, you must wait for the burn cycle to finish.
12) Also, Tiny John can be set to remind you of cleanings. You can use royal mist to help.
- Q: If I use propane, how many flushes can I get per tank?
- A: You can get around 150 flushes per 5 gal tank on average.
- Q: Is it good for the environment?
- A: Yes! Tiny John provides a zero waste, completely self-contained disposal solution. No emissions. No bacteria.
- If you have anymore questions, you can call us at 509-730-5520, email us at email@example.com, or leave us a message here at our Contact Page.
- Thank you for considering purchasing with ToiletOasis.com. Give us a try and you won't be disappointed!
All of our products are shipped from within the U.S.A. from one of our warehouses which our scattered throughout the country.
We typically use FedEx to ship, but may use a different carrier depending on your location. Shipments for EcoJohn products are typically made within 3 to 5 weeks and will typically arrive within 3 to 7 days after leaving the warehouse. Please check with us on the latest estimated shipping times.
To see our full Shipping & Returns Policy please visit our page here.
As soon as you place your order with us, you will receive an order confirmation to the e-mail that you provide us. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm that it is in stock and available for shipment (or assembly). If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 3 to 5 weeks for EcoJohn products), we will process the charge and submit the order for shipment.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Thank you for considering purchasing with ToiletOasis.com. Give us a try and you won't be disappointed!
We decided to remove our black tank and install Ecojohn's latest 2021 Tinyjohn toilet. The upgrade has been one of the best purchases we have made for our 24ft trailer. Wife is happy, we stay out longer without worrying about empty the tank. Ecojohn customer support is great. We got the toilet delivered on a pallet and the packaging is nice. We had some questions about the side vent install, and their customer support was quick to help us answer our questions. We have now used it about 100 times and it has been running great. Wish we installed this product sooner. My neighbors have now also decided to get one, we are big fans of this company and products! Cheers! DG.
Shipping took a bit longer than expected but so worth the wait! Installation was easy and all without the headache of digging through concrete and figuring out septic.
Purchased my TinyJohn back in Feb. 2021 received the unit in mid March as promised. It was packaged very well and received everything that I ordered in excellent condition. I installed the unit along with the standard vent kit at the end of April at my off grid cabin. Installation went pretty well had a few questions and the EcoJohn Team was quick to answer them and help me through the install which was actually pretty easy. I followed the start up process in the instructions and everything worked as it should. Had a few minor hic ups getting used to the operation but I am very satisfied and happy with my purchase. If you need an alternative toilet system I would highly recommend the TinyJohn !! Thanks !!
We wanted to thank you all for the professional installation of the TinyJohn in our RV. It was well worth the drive from Texas for such exceptional service! Everyone was extremely professional and courteous and went above and beyond to ensure everything was correct and that we understood what was done and how to operate it. The installers were exceptionally knowledgeable, innovative and helpful. We appreciate their kindness and dedication and for helping us hitch and unhitch. We wish you future success in all of your business and in the RV installation industry too!
Thank you all so much.
I had a few questions about installation and a minor issue with the igniter, but customer service was very helpful. I called them twice, and both times they answered my questions. I like how the Tiny John uses propane instead of a dedicated electrical outlet like the Incinolet. Sure, the Tiny John costs more, but you end up saving money in the long run because the Incinolet uses a ton of electricity. The Tiny John is also quieter.
There's a bit of a learning curve if you've never used a non-traditional toilet. For example, you need to place the liner well and you need to avoid getting liquid outside of the liner. Also, you need to make sure that the air intake isn't blocked (I cut a special hole for it in my wall).
Overall, this is a great product for situations where a sewer connection isn't practical. If you're sitting on the fence about it (like I was for several months), just go for it.