Estimated Arrival: Between
*ETA to USA Only
Fast Free Shipping. Free Shipping to lower 48 States. See our a Shipping and Returns Policy.
Have a Question? Give us a call at 509-730-5520 or send us an e-mail at info@ToiletOasis.com.
- This product is experiencing manufacturing delays. There is a backlog of orders being fulfilled. Please place your order to get in queue for this product and secure your pricing. Estimated manufacture time is currently 6-10 weeks from your purchase date.
- The Excel is Sun-Mar’s best selling unit in North America, and for good reason. It is a high capacity Bio-drum toilet that is simple to operate, features proven technology and is extremely reliable. The Excel was the first ever self-contained toilet to be certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF). So, when you purchase an Excel, you are purchasing a composting toilet that sets the standard. The Excel has enough capacity that it can be used just about anywhere; in residences, cottages and even in light commercial applications.
- One toilet has a rated capacity for 3 adults or a family of 5 for Residential/Continuous use. Or if used seasonally/Vacations, 1 toilet has a rated capacity of 6 adults or a family of 8.
- Need to ship to Hawaii? Please contact us for a quote.
- Electricity must be connected while the unit is in use for proper operation.
Maximum Amps (with heater on) 2.4 Fan Watts 35 Heater Watts (when thermostat switches it on) 250 Average Power Use In Watts (heater on 1/2 time) 150
- Like conventional toilets, all Sun-Mar products must be properly vented per the guidelines present in the unit’s owner’s manual.
- Dimensions: 33 1/4" Tall x 22 1/5" Wide x 33" Deep (shipping dimensions 28" by 36" by 36")
- Weight: 60 lbs (shipping weight is 85 lbs)
Q:What is the warranty for Sun-Mar toilets?
A:Sun-Mar’s warranty is 5 years for the tank, and 3 years for all other components of the toilet. Accessory parts are not included in this warranty, and they have a 90 day warranty period. For all warranty inquiries, the serial number will be required. Please click here for an electronic copy of Sun-Mar’s warranty, which can also be found on the back cover of your owner’s manual. Please note that, as this is a personal hygiene product, once the toilet has been used, there is a no return policy.
Q:Is this NSF certified?
A:Yes! Sun-Mar units are certified for cottage and residential use to NSF/ANSI Standard 41. The National Sanitation Foundation, NSF, is the only North American standard for composting toilets. Please click here to visit their website for more information http://www.nsf.org/
Q:Can toilet paper be used with Sun-Mar composting toilets?
A:Absolutely, any type of toilet paper can be used in Sun-Mar units. It is a useful source of carbon for the compost.
Q:How do I clean the toilet?
A:For the outside shell or bowl liner of a self-contained toilet*, an ultra low-flush toilet, or an A/F Waterless toilet, Compost Quick and water, or a solution of vinegar and water, are the recommended cleaners. You do not need to clean the Bio-drum™ unless bleach or some other chemical has been added to the drum by accident. *For advice on cleaning the outside shells of electric self-contained or Central units, please call Sun-Mar’s customer service department at 1 888 341 0782 ext. Power washing is not recommended as this will damage electrical components.
Q:Will I have odor with my Sun-Mar toilet?
A:No, if installed and maintained as per instruction. Any odor is a sign that something is not quite right with either the compost, or the installation. Contact our customer service team with your serial number and we’d be glad to go over what is happening and help to resolve it.
Q:What chemicals need to be used with the toilet?
A:None whatsoever. Chemicals such as bleach, essential oils, and common cleaners will disrupt, if not outright kill, the compost and are not recommended for use with Sun-Mar toilets. The only materials that should be used with any Sun-Mar toilet are the appropriate Compost Sure Green or Compost Sure Blue bulking materials, Compost Quick and Microbe Mix. Consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions, or contact Sun-Mar’s customer service department for more information.
Q:Can the toilet be used in the winter?
A:Yes. Composting may be affected, depending on the location and temperature where it is installed. If the self-contained toilet or Central unit is installed in a location with temperatures consistently below 50° F/15° C, the compost will go dormant and composting will stop, allowing the toilet to function as a holding tank. Removing compost from the drum to make room for some winter usage is recommended.
Q:Will freezing affect the toilet?
A:No. The Bio-drum™ is designed to withstand its contents freezing, so using the toilet in the winter is possible. However, do not rotate the drum when the compost is frozen, as this can damage it.
Q:How often do I need to empty the Bio-drum™?
A:You never need to empty the Bio-drum™ completely. The compost in the drum contains the microbe colony that aerobically breaks down waste.
Typically in a seasonal installation, you would remove some compost to the finishing drawer to make room in the drum. The amount to be removed varies by unit and usage; contact Sun-Mar’s service department with any questions.
Q:How noisy is the fan?
A:Typically, about as noisy as your average computer fan.
Q:Can kitchen or garden waste, or greywater, be added to the toilet?
A:No. We do not recommend adding food or garden scraps or greywater to the toilet as it will affect the composting process.
- Q:What is the warranty for Sun-Mar toilets?
Easy to install and get operational. A welcome addition to our cabin.
The toilet is well built but feels a little cheap due to its light weight. Everything is either fiberglass or plastic. This is a good solution for me since it eliminated the expense and hassle of putting in a septic field. Very easy to install. We are using it at our cabin and my wife loves the fact that we have an indoor bathroom.
I am not able to build a septic system for my cabin, so I was forced to look for different alternatives. That was 10 years ago that I purchased one of these. I haven't been good about keeping up with maintenance, so here I am purchasing a replacement.
This is an excellent way to go if you live on the water and have no septic. Great for composting.
Installation was easy. The operation is simple and easy.